The aims of Veterinary Education Worldwide (ViEW) are:
- To promote and support excellence in veterinary education and veterinary educational research.
- To foster an international community of veterinary educators and researchers to encourage collaboration and sharing of best practice.
- To provide an expert-led annual pre-conference workshop at AMEE focussing on one or more important contemporary topics in veterinary education.
The activities of ViEW include:
- Organising and delivering a pre-conference workshop at the AMEE conference each year
- Hosting a ViEW members dinner at the AMEE conference each year
- Holding an Annual General Meeting at the AMEE conference each year, which is live-streamed to all members
- Hosting informative free webinars for members on various topics
- Other activities that bring the community of veterinary educators together
Links with other organisations:
ViEW has a long-standing relationship with ‘AMEE’ – The Association for Medical Education in Europe. We attend their annual conference and deliver a program of activities designed to bring together the veterinary delegates. We also provide information for those interested in veterinary education on the veterinary-themed presentations and workshops. The ViEW members dinner is one of the highlights of the AMEE conference (and the ViEW year).