You are invited to join us at this one-day workshop focussing on Faculty Development in Veterinary Education. The workshop will provide an opportunity to exchange ideas on what training is needed for Veterinary Faculty, to share experiences with different faculty development programs that are used in the diverse veterinary curricula, and the difficulties we encounter on this topic as teachers and curriculum developers. The day will comprise a mixture of plenary presentations, discussion and activities, and speakers and themes will include:
- Small Group Teaching: Annemarie Spruijt (University of Maastricht)
- Technology Enhanced Learning: Chris Trace (University of Surrey)
- Feedback on Teaching Performance: Ayona Silver-Fletcher (Royal Veterinary College)
- Faculty Development for Curriculum Change: Gail Anderson (University of Surrey)
- The Competences of a Veterinary Teacher: Peter van Beukelen (University of Utrecht)
Sunday 6th September 2015, 09.15-16.30
This workshop is part of an annual programme organized by ViEW (Veterinary Education Worldwide – www.veteducation.org ), and forms part of the pre-conference programme of the excellent AMEE (Association for Medical Education in Europe) annual conference.
Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre, Glasgow, Scotland, UK.
[£130 is for attendance at this one day pre-conference workshop. For information, registration for the full AMEE conference costs £490 before 15th May, or £580 after this date]
Registration for workshop (Code ‘PCW 27’ in AMEE conference programme) http://www.amee.org/conferences/amee-2015